Becoming a Dream Builder or Star Polisher
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Brightest Star, (TBS) Inc. Since TBS provides its services to a wide variety of Residential Treatment Facilities, Group Homes, Foster Family & Adoption Agencies, Foster Parents, Kincare Programs, Schools and Departments of Children Services, we are over the moon that you want to help inspire, motivate, and/or transform the lives of children who are vulnerable in our communities. We are dedicated to volunteerism, and to date our 98% of our team is dedicated and committed volunteers.
We invite you to share the power of building dreams whether its for a few hours, or few days each month. Volunteers (Individuals, Service Clubs, Professional Societies, Alumni Associations, and Corporation employee groups) are needed to enhance our programs and services provided, therefore you can support our mission and purpose in several ways. Whatever skills and experience you have, there is something that you can do.
It is a rewarding way to make a difference to children and teens thriving in the toughest circumstances. Most volunteers join us because they want to give back and find they get so much more in return. You can enrich your life, increase your self confidence by putting your beliefs into action.
If you would like to be a volunteer, please contact us at (909) 875-2968 or through the National Mentoring Partnership.
We cannot change lives on our own. Here are ways you can support.
1. Sponsor a field trip.
2. Organize a gift collection of donated items.
3. Painting or Landscaping. (Corporate Group day of volunteering)
4. Lend a helping hand at fundraisers & special events.
5. Fundraising, special event planning, public relations, photography
6. Board of Directors
7. Child Welfare Advocacy/Child Abuse Awareness
8. Speaker (talk to youths about what you do/career guidance in area of expertise. Sharing
9. Help make a dream come true.
10. Mentor, Tutor, Special Friend (Engage in working directly with children/teens). All volunteers who desire to work directly with youth must be very positive. Fingerprinting and background check, must be completed after inital application screening. Must provide a current TB test screening. Age must be 21 years or older.
11. Recreation (Lead a special arts & crafts, music, or drama acting small group activity).
12. Adopt a cottage, or group home, hosting a pizza party movie night, or ice cream social.
I have a dream...